Quick Summer Slaw
Serves: Approx. 4 As A Side Dish
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
10 Brussels Sprouts (washed with stem and browned or bruised leaves removed)
1 Small Fennel Bulb (scrubbed)
2 Small Garlic Cloves, peeled
¼ Cup Meyer Lemon Juice
¾ Cup Stone Pressed Olive Oil
¾ Cup Pitted Castellano Olives
Splash of Olive Juice
½ tsp Celtic Sea Salt
Cracked black pepper, optional, may use cayenne too
1. Place garlic and ½ tsp sea salt in a mortar and pestle and mash into a paste.
2. Transfer to a small bowl; add the lemon juice and blend.
3. Slowly add the olive oil and a splash of olive juice and blend thoroughly. Finish with plenty of black pepper.
4. Remove a few leaves of the Brussels sprouts and add them to a medium-sized bowl.
5. Using a mandolin, shave the rest of the sprouts into the same bowl or use a sharp knife to slice very thin. Break the pieces a part so you have a nice sprout slaw.
6. Cut the fennel bulb in half and shave both halves into the bowl. Break the fennel a part also.
7. Shave the radishes into the bowl the same way.
8. Add the dressing to the salad, finish with a little bit more sea salt and pepper if needed and a light drizzle of olive oil. Toss in olives and serve.
his page checked with AtD